Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Back Log

My devious plan to deluge the world with submissions has led to a back log. I have two finished stories sitting on my hard drive and no pro markets to send them to. Why not, you ask? Because I've already got a story with almost every open pro market around. I'm a victim of my own productive success.

The other thing I've discovered is that the horror market is very small, and in large part consists of anthologies. The good anthologies aren't open to slush writers like myself. On the other hand, one sale for $25 will qualify me for the Horror Writer's Association, one of my goals.

W1S1 is a good thing. I'm producing and submitting a lot of stories. Previously, my output was mostly unfinished novels. It's good to be putting stuff out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment